When it comes to your home, rot is one of the last things you want to discover. Wood rot develops mold and, if not treated, will continue to damage your property.
Often times rot starts around the foundation and the lower levels of the house due to flooding, although it can happen just about anywhere. If you have recently used a company that provides water damage repair in Santa Rosa, such as Bravo Restoration, or you are just identifying the water damage now, take advantage of these tips to remedy water damage repair and rot repair.
- Where to Look For Rot?
- When searching for rot, you need to begin right around the wood trim, which is found below the roof line. Not all properties have wood here as it depends on the construction of your house, but if it is constructed out of wood, this is a good place to start.
- Also, look around the corner boards, window and wood trim, vertical boards below the any exterior doors, decks and also columns and decorate trim found around the house.
- Can You Repair The Rot?
If you identify rot you need to remove it and replace the wood. First, you need to determine if you can reach the rot area. Next, if you can reach the rot do you have the necessary tools? Some areas, such as wood around columns or trim can be removed and replaced with just a handful of common tools. However, if the wood holds up weight, it takes more sophisticated tools and is more of a challenge to repair.
- Should You Repair it yourself?
- So you can reach the rot and you have the tools? The next question you need to answer is should you repair it? If the wood is load bearing, go with a professional like Bravo Restoration.
- Water damage is not something you should take lightly. It will lead to mold growth and eventually rot. Rot deteriorates the wood in your home while mold spreads throughout the property, making it potentially dangerous to live in.
Whether you have used a service such as water damage repair in Santa Rosa or you’re just finding the water and rot damage now, make sure to follow through with these tips to remedy water damage repair and rot repair. Should these tips not completely eliminate the problem it is important to contact a professional and bring them in to service your property.
For immediate service for water damage restoration service in Santa Rosa or any other emergency, call Bravo Restoration 707-837-0675.