Over the past few years, HVAC (Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning) systems have brought in many technological advancements like the humidity control systems, zoned systems, and heating systems. However, there is a hazardous intruder hidden in these advanced HVAC systems, and that is a fungus called mold. Mold is basically a fungus which is also known as mildew.
Mold is one of the dangerous species of fungi in the world. They can lead to various health issues like respiratory problems, chronic coughing, throat & nose mucus, sneezing, irritation in the eyes and other health problems like a migraine and sinus. They have the ability to spread very fast, and most of the times go unnoticed for a couple of months. They tend to flourish in the damper areas like ducts, basement or attic.
How to get rid of mold?
If you are also experiencing health problems similar to the ones mentioned above, you should go for a professional mold removal procedure. Keep reading on to know more about it!
1. Removal Agent – The first step is to prepare a good mold removal solution that can be used on the inner surface of the ducts. For this, you can choose from ample homemade solutions that are found online.
2. Use Protection – You must have assessed the hazardous effects of mold on our health. They can even enter your body from the cracks of the skin. So, you must make sure you are wearing rubber gloves, are fully covered, and wearing an N95 mask while cleaning the mold.
3. Scrub it properly – Once you have spread the solution, scrub all the mold particles present in the duct. Also use the vacuum to clean the surfaces until all the fungus is gone.
4. Leave no Traces – Once you are done with the entire mold cleaning, bag your gloves, mask, clothes and other gears, and destroy them as soon as possible, as the mold must have contaminated them till now.
5. Go for a branded Mold Inhibitor – Buy a branded mold inhibitor that is EPA registered, and apply it all over your vents. This will stop the mold from regrouping in your duct.
These were some simple steps to clean your vents off the hazardous mold accumulation. You must take measures to maintain the hygiene and cleanliness of your duct hereafter. Contact Bravo Restoration and Construction on (707) 837-0675 to get professional mold removal service in Santa Rosa, all year round.