Taking Care Of Water Damage Like A Champion
Water damage is no funny business. Nothing is more heart wrenching than seeing your beloved items or home ruined by water. However, instead of panicking or giving up, there are a few things that you can do! The very first thing, and perhaps the most important, is to call the professionals! Specialists like those at Bravo Restoration, located in San Rafael, are trained to take care of these damages. As you contact them, they may ask a few questions so that they know exactly what it is they need to bring to take care of your situation. Here are a few examples of questions they may ask:
- Where do you think the water is coming from?
- What is the age of the property? (Anything before 1978 we must test for lead and asbestos.)
- What can you see is affected? (what rooms/areas, affected materials – drywall, flooring, etc., contents)
- Is there an extensive amount of contents in the affected areas?
- How many stories/floors are there?
- Is the property located on a foundation or crawlspace?
- If a roof tarp is needed, what type of roof?
After answering these questions, there are a few more important things that you should keep in mind while the cleanup professionals are on their way!
- Time is of the essence: It is pretty important that as soon as you find water damage in your home, you contact the water damage professionals immediately. The longer it sits, the more damage it may cause to your property and belongings.
- Mold: the word alone makes most people cringe. Keep in mind that the water damage may have started a long time before you caught it. If this is the case, there is a pretty good chance that mold has also invaded your space. However, these trained professionals know and understand how to best take care of this issue. These specialists have state of the art equipment and advanced restoration processes to take care of the secondary problem of mold as quickly as possible.
- Temporarily relocate: Now this does not mean that you need to find a new home or pack up any of your things. However, it might be easier if you remove yourself and your family from the scene. Take necessary belongings that you may need for the allotted time that the professionals suggest and get out of there. You have experienced enough stress through this process. Let the professionals take over and solve it for you!
- Keep calm! Remember, these are professionals that know how to take care of your property. They will come in and inspect what type of water damage you have experienced and use the proper equipment to clean it up. Depending on the type of water that invaded your home, it may be contaminated. If this is the case, these specialists already have the correct treatment and equipment to take care of it and keep you and your family safe!
Water damage restoration is never fun. But knowing how to take care of it and keep calm will help make the process easier! So call today!